Thursday, April 18, 2013

Things I will miss the most

As I was walking back from the high school building yesterday, I stopped to take in the awesomeness that is my school.  Treetops is a non-traditional charter school on a 22 acre campus.  The K-3 buildings have the look and feel of a summer camp, with trees all over the place (never would have guessed, huh?), a pond with resident turtles (and snakes),  a creek winding through the campus separating the 4-12 upper school from the K-3 lower school, and trails that are used as the track for PE, as backgrounds for Photography and Video class, as nature walks for elementary kids, and as a killer setting for capture the flag.  There are wild daffodils and irises growing in the spring time right out my classroom window and greenery is everywhere.

My class only has 15 students of all makes and models, and their parents are actively involved in their education because they have chosen to send their child to Treetops.  I'm going to miss this environment and the community spirit that inhabits the school.  Hopefully I will be welcomed back into the fold upon our return from our family experiment/adventure, because it is an awesome place to be.

So, I will miss my school.  Things I will also miss:
1. Big Red
2. QT Coffee
3. Starkhead
4. Chipotle
5. Baseball.  They don't play baseball over there.  At all.
6. Holiday decorations
7. Half Price Books

I will also miss people, but that will take a much longer blog, and I have 4 months to make that list and edit it.

Masaa al khair (good evening) wa (and) ma:a salaamah (goodbye)

Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment