Thursday, May 2, 2013

UAE Resources

Jason and I are fanatic in our research for information about our big move. In our fanaticism, we have come across a few websites that have great information about international moves, living abroad, and UAE specific sites.

Abu Dhabi This website has so much information about what you can do and see in Abu Dhabi.  I spent hours on this site the other night. They are building a Guggenheim, a Louvre, and a national heritage museum on an island next to Ferrari World (the world's largest indoor theme park) and a large waterpark.  On a more traditional note, they also have camel racing. (We will not be in Abu Dhabi, but 90 minutes away.  These things are a great weekend trip ideas!)

EscapeArtist.com has a cool article about living in the UAE.  It addresses some of the misconceptions about living in the Middle East.

Stages of Living Abroad One of my awesome co-workers taught in South Korea for a year, and introduced me to the 4 stages of living abroad.  I had no clue what she was talking about, but this link talks about the psychology of being away from everything you know.  Now I get it.

UAE Interact is a website that was sent to us by the director of the primary school in which I will be teaching.  It is full of information about what is going on in the UAE, travel, events, and everything.  Jason and I spent 2 hours going through this website and its links.


Masaa alkhair wa ma:a salaamah

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment