Friday, August 16, 2013

Downright neighborly

We met several of our neighbors today! Two were teachers, one a vice principal, all from the States. One of them is even from San Antonio! They were very friendly and gave us some tips. They all have been here for at least 4 years, so it's nice to know that they love it enough to stay. One even has a pug that the girls fell in love with. Awesome start! We were told that 5 more families are moving in in the next few days. We're all excited to see who they are and if there are any kids.

Our neighbors directed us to a market within walking distance, so we took an evening walk and came back with candy and a ball for the girls to play with. Its actually nice out tonight, so we played lazy soccer in the courtyard for a while when we got back.

It was a nice outing- exploring a small area and meeting neighbors.

Ma:a Salaamah!

1 comment:

  1. Okay... so, I had to read that again to see the word "pug." The first time I read it, I saw "PLUG" and wondered why the girls were so excited by outlets! It made me wonder if there was something I was missing when I looked at plugs. :)

    ReplyDelete