Friday, August 2, 2013

T-MINUS ONE WEEK!

We are moving to the other side of the world in one week.  A different hemisphere.  A different continent. No family, no friends, no pre-existing knowledge of the city (other than what we have gleaned from the internets). A different type of curriculum, a different type of culture, a different language.

We are very excited, but I'd be lying if I said we weren't anxious.

Baggage fees are ridiculous and anger me. We're moving a family of four across the world, and we are allowed one free checked bag? $100 for the second and $200 for each bag thereafter? HOLY CRAP. I guess we won't be eating for a while when we get there! I requested a quote from UPS to ship one 15lb box, and it was $600!!

So, Jason and I are going to keep chanting "Stay Positive."  We are all going to learn and experience and grow and enjoy.

I am very happy and excited that so many people are coming to our going away party!  Wonderful people threw us a small going away party last weekend, and Jason and I are already feeling the love.

Jason's dad is still in ICU, but he's looking better and is communicating more every day.  Jason had a wonderful visit with him today, and we are all going to visit tomorrow as well before we roll up our sleeves and get to work preparing for the 'Murica going away party.

Masaa alkhair wa ma:a Salaamah

No comments:

Post a Comment